Fall is harvest time and full of sights and smells that we didn’t know we missed so much until the calendar and weather turn again. In addition to delicious fall meals, including ones that are easy to prepare, we shift the cocktail menu to more robust and flavorful libations. These fall cocktail recipes celebrate the tastes of the season we all know and love so well.
Pumpkin Spice White Russian Cocktail – The Cookie Rookie
Folks get tired of hearing about “pumpkin spice” too early or too often, but this fun fall recipe brings pumpkin spice to a whole new level. White Russians are delicious, and they will never be the same with this autumn twist. This recipe serves two – if you even feel like sharing.
For the Drink
- 3ounces 2 shot glasses good quality vodka
- 3ounces 2 shot glasses pumpkin spice creamer
- 5ounces 1 shot glass Kahlua
- Whipped Cream and pumpkin pie spice for garnish
For the Rim
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- teaspoon sugar or sparkling sugar
- tablespoons crushed graham crackers
- For the rim, mix pumpkin pie spice, sugar, and crushed graham crackers on a plate. Dip the rim of your glasses in water and then into the graham cracker mix to coat.
- For the drink, add vodka, pumpkin spice creamer, and coffee liqueur into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake to combine.
- Pour the Pumpkin White Russian Cocktail into rimmed glasses, and top with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice to serve!
Apple Cider Bellini – Crazy for Crust
Who doesn’t love apple cider or champagne? We didn’t think any hands went up. Now you can combine your two loves in this taste of fall – with a splash of apple vodka for an extra dose of apple. This could be your new favorite brunch cocktail.
For One Cocktail
- 1 ounce apple cider
- 1 ounce apple vodka I used Skyy Honeycrisp Vodka
- Champagne or Prosecco to fill glass
- Apple slices for garnish
For A Pitcher
- 1cup 8 ounces apple cider
- 1cup 8 ounces apple vodka
- 1750ml bottle Champagne or Prosecco
- Apple slices for garnish
- To make one cocktail: add cider and vodka to a champagne flute, then top off with champagne and an apple slice.
- To make a pitcher: add cider and vodka to a pitcher, then fill with a bottle of champagne and apple slices.
Smoky Harvest Apple Cider Margaritas – Half Baked Harvest
Margaritas always scream “party”! Add this one to your selection of adult beverages when you have a gathering. The delightful combination of apple, cinnamon, maple, and orange perfectly blend to show everyone a good time.
- cinnamon sugar and flaky sea salt, for the rim
- 2 ounces mezcal or silver tequila
- 1/2 ounce orange liquor
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) apple cider
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup, use more or less to your taste
- apple slices and cinnamon sticks, for serving
- If desired, rim your glass in salted cinnamon sugar. Mix equal parts cinnamon sugar and sea salt. Run a lime wedge around the rim of the glass and coat in sugar.
- Combine the mezcal or tequila, orange liquor, apple cider, lime juice, and maple in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake to combine. Strain into the glass. Garnish with apple slices, rosemary, and cinnamon sticks. If desired light the cinnamon on fire for a smoky effect.
Kahlúa Hot Chocolate – Damn Delicious
Hot chocolate is a favorite, for sure, but adults can add a little something special: kalua. The beautiful part about this recipe is that you can make a batch of hot chocolate for everyone and simply add the liquor into individual mugs when it comes time to serve. Top off the cocas with a sweet arrangement of marshmallows, chocolate sauce, and caramel sauce. It’s dessert in a glass.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dutch-processed unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 ounce Kahlúa coffee liqueur
- Mini marshmallows, for serving
- Salted caramel, for serving
- Chocolate syrup, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon and nutmeg over medium heat until heated through, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Kahlúa.
- Serve immediately, garnished with mini marshmallows, salted caramel, and chocolate syrup, if desired.
The Humble Magnificent Cocktail – Country Living
Yes, humility can coincide with magnificence. If you love Manhattans, you’ll appreciate this concoction. Honestly, you just have to try it for yourself.
- 2 orange wedges
- 1 ounce Laird’s Apple Brandy or Applejack
- 1 ounce Pimm’s No. 1
- 3/4 ounces lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce Pinewood Social’s Saigon Cinnamon Syrup
- 1/4 ounce Demerara syrup or simple syrup
- 7 dash old-fashioned or angostura bitters
- soda water
- In cocktail shaker, muddle mint and orange wedges with wooden spoon.
- Add apple brandy, Pimm’s, lemon juice, cinnamon syrup, Demerara syrup, and bitters.
- Shake well and double-strain into Collins glass.
- Top with soda water; garnish with mint sprig.