Official Contest Rules
The 2019 Michigan Association of Recreation Vehicles and Campgrounds (MARVAC) Photo Contest (“the Contest”) begins January 1, 2019 at 12:00 PM U.S. Eastern Standard Time and ends September 13, 2019 at 11:59 PM U.S. Eastern Standard Time. All entries must be received by September 13, 2019 at 12:00pm. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these official rules. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the official rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the official rules. This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of the winners.
How to Enter
Contest is open only to individuals ages 16 and older. For entries by individuals 16-18, a parent or guardian must also accept responsibility. A single individual can submit multiple entries. More than one entry per household is accepted.
Each entry consists of an entry form and a single photograph. There is no entry fee. To enter, visit http://www.michiganrvandcampgrounds.org/2019-photo-contest ; complete an entry form with the required information, including your name, email address, telephone number, and caption; and submit along with your photograph and fee in accordance with the instructions that follow.
• Photographs must be of campgrounds, RV parks, RV resorts, activities, destinations, attractions, landmarks, roadways, coastlines, and people in Michigan.
• Photographs must be in digital format. Only online entries will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this Contest. All digital files must be in .png or .jpg format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
• Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud; provided entrants must be prepared to provide a release form as described below in "Release." When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of another person's art.
• The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
• The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
• The caption must be complete and accurate, sufficient to convey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken. Disguising or misrepresenting the origin of your content is cause for disqualification.
• Watermarks are unacceptable.
Judging consists of one (1) round of evaluation by photographic experts and MARVAC staff members. They will select three (3) entries based on the following criteria: (1) Creative Composition; (2) Photographic Quality; (3) Capturing the Essence of Camping and RVing in Michigan. Winners will be notified by email; if not receptive by email, winners will be called using the telephone number provided upon submission.
Top three (3) winners will be notified and their photograph published in the 2020 edition of Michigan RV and Campgrounds. Winning photos will also be shared on MARVAC’s social media profiles – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Conditions of Entry
By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to MARVAC to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, for no additional compensation, including, but not limited to: display at a potential exhibition of winners; publication in Michigan RV and Campgrounds or online at www.michiganrvandcampgrounds.org highlighting entries or winners of the Contest; being used as stock photography for the use of social media memes, online articles, magazine illustration, and general association marketing. MARVAC will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use as authorized by the License. Additionally, by entering, each entrant grants to MARVAC the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Contest, and pictures or likenesses of Contest entrants, or choose not to do so, at their sole discretion, except where prohibited by law. MARVAC will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.